Individual CONTINUING EDUCATION Grant Application Guidelines
This grant, established in 2003, provides opportunities for professional development through continuing education for women working in the areas of culinary arts, beverage management, hospitality, agriculture and related fields.
1. The following criteria must be met by professionals applying for the Grant:
a. The applicant must be a legal resident of Georgia.
b. This Grant is not open to LDEI members.
c. The applicant must use the awarded funds to attend a continuing education class or conference that will give them skills to further their career.
d. Financial need and community involvement will be considered in the selection process.
e. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have contributed directly to the success of the Atlanta LDEI Chapter.
2. Grants will be awarded in an amount to be determined by the Atlanta LDEI Board based on funds available for that year.
3. The online application is available at the Web site of the Atlanta Chapter of Les Dames d’Escoffier: www.ldeiatlanta.org.
4. Completed applications must be uploaded and submitted on the following deadline schedule by 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time EST on the following dates: January 15, April 15, July 15, and October 15. Applications received outside of these dates will be reviewed at the committee’s discretion. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply early in the year.
5. Applications will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee and recipients will be notified within one month of receipt of application.
6. The successful applicant(s) have one year after the date the award is given, in which to apply the Grant money to the educational event requested.
7. Educational events shall be for professional development and may include continuing education classes or conferences. Examples may include, but are not limited to: National Restaurant Show; Professional Food Writers’ Symposiums; NACE, ACF, or IACP conferences.
8. The intent of the Grant money is to assist with the cost of tuition, registration fees and approved expenses. Additional expenses are the responsibility of the recipient(s). Checks distributing the Grant funds shall be written directly to an institution or organization and NOT to the Grant recipient. Exceptions may be made but itemized receipts for expenses are required and payment will be made after expenses are incurred and only for pre-approved expenses.
9. Each application requires uploading a biography or recipe, two letters of recommendation, and a written essay outlining their objective in attending an educational class/conference. For example, the application could read: “Attending _____ will enrich my professional life by....”
10. The Grant recipient is required to share their experience with the Atlanta LDEI Chapter by writing an article about the program attended within 3 months of the course or conference. IF applicable, photos should be included. The article may be published in LDEI publications. Also, the applicant may be asked to participate in a Chapter meeting by making a short educational presentation to the membership.
11. If the grant award is not used the funds must be returned to the LDEI Atlanta Chapter in a timely fashion.
12. If the grant award is misused, the funds are to be refunded to the LDEI Atlanta Chapter promptly.
13. All unclaimed Grants will be forfeited one year after award recipient is notified.
To start your application process, please click below. You will need to complete the form as well as upload the following documents:
- Professional Resume.
- Brief Bio.
- Brief Essay explaining how attending this event will help you attain personal or professional goals.
Upload two letters of recommendation from business associates. These letters should be on business letterhead and written by persons other than relatives.
Once you start the process you will not be able to save your information. Be ready to upload all of the information needed as when you hit submit you will not be able to access the application again.
Please reach out to the Scholarship Committee for any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.