Please review all the information below before starting the application process. For any questions please connect with our membership committee - contact info below
The fabric of our chapter is enriched by the new Dames who join each year. It is time once again to think about potential new additions for the Les Dames d’ Escoffier International Atlanta Chapter. In order to be eligible to nominate a new Dame for membership you must be a current Atlanta Les Dames member with a minimum of 3 years active membership in good standing pursuant to the membership commitment letter.
To be eligible for membership, the individual must:
- Be recognized as a professional woman of the HIGHEST achievement in the fields of culinary or pastry arts, beverage management, hospitality, agriculture or other related fields.
- Have a minimum of 5 consecutive years’ experience as of January 2018, in the above fields and/or bringing others to the table. If the individual’s work is not completely culinary in nature, 75% of their work for those 5 years must be culinary/hospitality-related.
- Click below on the link to create an account and enter the application process. You will be emailed with the same link that will appear below in order to access your application. Once you hit submit, your information is uploaded and may not be altered or accessed again.
- The application and all supporting documents must be completed and received by May 1, 2018.
Nominating Dames - please prescreen and qualify the candidate(s) you choose to endorse by referencing the LDEI mission and the criteria outlined above for new members. A candidate should be someone you know well, and are certain will make a lasting and significant contribution to our organization. If your candidate meets the requirements and would like to proceed, please have them complete the online application process by providing them a link to this page. You may also download this personal letter if you prefer over sending them link to this page. Our application is online this year which can be accessed at the bottom of this page. Once your candidate(s) accepts your nomination, she will need to visit this page to complete the process.
Please provide a professional reference letter for your candidate to accompany her application. As her sponsoring Dame, you’ll also want to coach her throughout this process and support and mentor her during her first year as a member.
All applications must be received by 5:00 pm May 1, 2018 through the online link. Please ensure that you or your candidate(s) submits her complete application, along with all supporting documents by the deadline. The applicant will receive an acknowledgement email that the application packet is complete and has been received.
We appreciate your thoughtful consideration and participation in this important process for our organization. If you have any questions about this process, the deadlines or the application process, reach out to Membership Co-Chairs Ellen Hartman (678)firstname.lastname@example.org and Karen Bremer (404)email@example.com.
Les Dames d’Escoffier International Atlanta Chapter is recognized as one of the most active, productive and philanthropic chapters in LDEI International. The Atlanta Chapter offers many opportunities for service and encourages each member to actively engage in programs, committees and fundraisers as well as working toward our goal of creating a culture in the community that fosters excellence and promotes the achievement of women in culinary professions through educational and charitable activities
Below is a list of committees always looking for assistance. Once you become a member additional information will be provided on signing up.
- Culinary Futures
- Membership (Committee members must be a Dame for at least one year before serving on this committee)
- Global Culinary Initiative
- Green Tables
- Afternoon in the Country